Übertragungswege des Coronaviruses

The coronavirus is mainly transmitted through droplet infections and aerosols. Simple measures can protect you and those around you

Possible transmission routes

How can I get infected??

The SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus can be transmitted from person to person. Droplet infection is the main route of transmission. This transmission can take place directly from person to person if droplets containing virus reach the mucous membranes of the nose, mouth and possibly the eyes. Transmission through smear infection via the hands, which come into contact with the oral or nasal mucosa and with the conjunctiva, cannot be ruled out in principle.

In addition, SARS-CoV-2 can be transmitted via aerosols (droplet nuclei suspended in the air that are smaller than 5 micrometers).

Transmission via surfaces cannot be ruled out, especially in the immediate vicinity of infected people. The SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus was also found in stool samples from those affected. It has not yet been conclusively clarified whether SARS-CoV-2 can also be spread via the chair.

Status: 23.03.2021

 

Can you be contagious to others without being sick yourself??

It is possible that you have contracted the coronavirus without noticing. Sometimes the signs of the disease are very weak or completely absent. However, infected people without symptoms can also transmit the virus.

Status: 23.03.2021

 

How much time elapses between infection with the coronavirus and the appearance of the first symptoms (incubation period)?

The incubation period can last up to 14 days, but on average it is five to six days.

Status: 23.03.2021

 

I.A transmission of the coronavirus via the indoor air is possible?

Research shows that the coronavirus can also be transmitted via aerosols. Aerosols are droplet nuclei that are smaller than five micrometers and that can be released during normal speaking, but especially when singing or laughing and speaking loudly. These droplet cores can remain in the air for a long period of time and potentially transmit viruses. Therefore, rooms in which several people are present should be ventilated regularly or, for example, the air in the roomOXY CleanCare disinfected.

With cross ventilation, a draft is created through wide-open windows that are as opposed to as possible. As a result, the room air is quickly exchanged for fresh air. The boost ventilation, where the windows in the room are opened wide for a few minutes, also works well. Just tilting the window alone is hardly effective. CO2 traffic lights that measure the CO2 concentration in the air can serve as a guide for a hygienically adequate air exchange.

Additional protection is provided by the rules of conduct contained in the AHA formula In summary: keep your distance (at least 1.5 meters), observe hygiene rules (proper coughing, sneezing and thorough hand washing) and wear a mask in everyday life.

Status: 23.03.2021

 

Can coronaviruses be spread in air conditioning and ventilation systems??

Studies indicate that the coronavirus can also be transmitted via droplet nuclei (aerosols). Nevertheless, the risk of the virus being transmitted through central air conditioning and ventilation systems with regular maintenance,disinfection and control of the facilities low. Since decentralized air conditioning systems only ventilate individual rooms, pathogenic viruses cannot move from a room in which an infected person is staying to other areas of a building. Further information can be found on the Website of the Federal Environment Agency.

Status: 23.03.2021

 

How can I avoid airborne contamination??

To avoid airborne transmission of the coronavirus, rooms in which several people are present should be ventilated regularly. Wearing a mask can minimize the risk of transmission. So-called surgical masks or masks of the FFP2, FFP3 or KN95 / N95 standards are recommended. The distance of at least 1.5 meters to other people should be maintained where possible.

Coronaviruses spread more rapidly indoors when the relative humidity is low. The virus has a higher chance of survival and it stays in the air longer. In addition, dry nasal mucous membranes are more permeable to viruses. A humidity in the range of 40-60 percent significantly reduces the probability of transmission. The normal level of indoor humidity in the winter season is around 30 to 40 percent. In private, small rooms, humidifiers orOXY CleanCare help.

Status: 23.03.2021

 

Can the coronavirus be detected in the blood and transmitted via blood donation?

The Paul Ehrlich Institute (PEI) has evaluated the laboratory data of people infected with COVID-19 in cooperation with three institutes for virology. No SARS-CoV-2 genome could be detected in the blood of asymptomatic patients or those with less pronounced symptoms. The virus genome was only found in the serum of a seriously ill patient. Based on experience with other coronavirus infections and other viruses that lead to respiratory infections, the risk of a transfusion-related transmission of the coronavirus is currently considered to be low. These results show that transmission of the coronavirus through donated blood from infected people without symptoms is not to be expected. For more information on donating blood during the coronavirus pandemic, please visithere.

Status: 23.03.2021

The virus can also be transmitted into the water cycle through bowel movements or toilet use?

In some cases, the virus can be detected in the stool, possibly even longer after the onset of symptoms. However, proof alone does not mean that viruses from the stool are able to infect other people. As things stand, transmission from the stool via smear infection is extremely rare. It is currently assumed that the virus is mainly transmitted via droplet infection or smear infection of secretions from the respiratory tract via the hands and aerosols. The water cycle plays no role in the transmission of the virus.

Status: 23.03.2021

 

Can the coronaviruses be transmitted via surfaces or objects such as food, clothing, money or mail and packages?

It is known about coronaviruses that they can survive for a certain time on inanimate surfaces such as metal, glass or plastic. The stability in the environment depends on many factors such as temperature, humidity and the nature of the surface. To protect yourself from virus transmission via contaminated surfaces, it is important to observe hygiene rules such as regular hand washing and to keep your hands away from your face. Transmission of the virus through food, such as B. meat is unlikely. So far, there are no known cases of infection with the novel coronavirus through the consumption of food. The risk of infection is also further reduced by heating the food, as the coronaviruses are sensitive to heat. Further information is available on the website of the Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture.

Status: 23.03.2021

 

Can the coronavirus be transmitted during sex??

There is also a high risk of infection during sex, as the likelihood of transmission increases if you come closer than 1.5 meters to a person infected with the coronavirus. There is also a high risk of transmission when kissing, as saliva is exchanged here. You can find more information here.

Status: 23.03.2021

 

Transmission via animals

Can pets such as dogs or cats become infected with the coronavirus?

Yes, pets can become infected with the coronavirus. These include dogs, cats, ferrets and golden hamsters, among others. In most cases the sick animals show no symptoms. Infected people should pay particular attention to hygiene, especially when they come into contact with their pets, avoid close contact as much as possible, not cough or sneeze at the animals and not allow them to lick their faces.

The role of pets in transmitting the virus to humans is currently being investigated. If your pet has been found to be infected with the coronavirus by the responsible veterinarian, this must be reported to the responsible veterinary office. This is usually done by the attending vet or the laboratory. This reporting obligation is intended to provide answers to further and unresolved questions about the occurrence and spread of corona infections in pets. Further information can also be found on the Internet pages of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and at Friedrich Loeffler Institute.

 

What should be considered when dealing with pets in domestic isolation or quarantine if you are infected yourself??

From the point of view of the Friedrich-Loeffler-Institut, pets can and should remain in the household if the pet owner is infected. However, general hygiene rules such as hand washing before and after contact with the animals should be strictly observed. An infected person should generally avoid close contact with his animals. In addition, people who are in quarantine should ask friends or acquaintances to help them care for the animal. That includes, among other things. walking dogs. If possible, cats should not leave the house for the duration of the quarantine. Further information can be found on the Website of the Friedrich Loeffler Institute.

Status: 23.03.2021

 

Can mosquitoes transmit the coronavirus??

According to what we know so far, there is no evidence that mosquitoes can transmit the coronavirus. The main route of transmission in the population is droplet infection. This transmission can take place directly from person to person if droplets containing virus reach the mucous membranes of the nose, mouth and possibly the eyes. Transmission by smear infection via the hands, which come into contact with the oral or nasal mucosa and with the conjunctiva, is also possible. You can find out which other transmission channels are available on this one page.

Status: 23.03.2021

 

source

Skin-friendly disinfection